We are growing our team and are looking for an ambitious, fast, and absurdly reliable Solutions Engineer with startup experience. You will be joining a tech startup working with high-profile clients and investors with a mission of helping people through technology. You will be helping the company by supporting the development of our product and our customers.
Our Solutions Engineer position involves working with business application owners and our aiden automation solution to fulfill application delivery, automation, and troubleshooting requirements. We will need to package thousands of business applications and automate our application deployment processes for Windows 7/10, Windows Server, and VDIs on behalf of direct customers, MSPs, and MSSPs.
At aiden we value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative, experts at their craft, and enjoy helping others. We value team players who are more concerned with what’s right, rather than who’s right.
Location: Plano Texas is our headquarters, but our team is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. Some team members live in California, Texas, and New York.
Schedule: Flexible 10 – 15 hrs./week, Monday to Friday. Hours may increase as needed. Possible conversion to full-time.
What you’ll do
- Automate the installation and configuration of (package) Windows applications, security patches, Windows feature updates, drivers, language packs, and vulnerability fixes for physical/virtual servers and PCs, in a format compatible with SCCM or other client-side application deployment systems in conjunction with our aiden automation solution.
- Design, develop, coordinate, and manage application packaging projects.
- Package applications and software updates using a scripting language like VBScript.
- Develop enterprise OS migration plans and conduct project management and documentation as needed.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and remediation efforts on major Windows application packaging and deployments.
- Diagnose Windows application deployment issues and coordinate package improvements/fixes with customer IT departments, or IT MSPs.
What you’ll bring
- 5 years of application packaging experience in an enterprise Information Technology department, or with an IT service provider.
- Strong development experience, especially with scripting and packaging.
- Expert knowledge of VBScript, AutoIt, and/or PowerShell.
- Enterprise knowledge of
- Windows 7/10 Desktop Operating Systems, Image Management, Application Packaging & Distribution, performance monitoring tools in a large distributed environment.
- Active Directory / DHCP / DNS / Group Policy in a distributed environment.
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 / Desktop Security Patch Management and application deployment process.
- VMware vSphere ESXi 6.x & Horizon View 7.x and above.
- Expert knowledge of
- industry deployment tools such as SCCM, LANDESK, or any other enterprise application deployment and automation systems.
- the MSI installer format.
- Experience with
- enterprise-scale zero-touch Windows application deployments.
- Windows Image management utilizing tools like Microsoft Deployment Tool Kit (MDT), Task Sequencing, and automated driver installations.
- C# is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multitask with changing priorities and thrive within a fast-paced, ever changing environment with little supervision.
- High integrity and moral compass. Proven ability to handle highly confidential information with the highest discretion.
- Self-starter who has the proven ability and eagerness to take on additional tasks as needed. Impressive energy resources and the ability to both sprint and run marathon races.
- Well-developed sense of humor.
- Authorization to work in the United States (Required).
- Microsoft Certifications (MCITP, MCSE, MOUS, and VCP) are a plus, and will be required within a year of joining the company.
What you’ll receive
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage
- Company retreats and regular Company social events
- Work with awesome companies. We partner with great companies and investors all over the world and you’ll get exposed to them at the highest levels.
How to apply
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line and good luck!
aiden technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. We celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make an excellent product.